The small and picturesque fishing village of Marsaxlokk (pronounced marsa-schlock – meaning Southern Port) is located in the South Eastern part of Malta.
When searching for sites to visit while in Malta, Marsaxlokk came up in every search. I knew the moment I saw photos of the colorful, traditional Maltese fishing boats I had to see it for myself.
I just returned from my European vacation and it was amazing! I visited three countries – Barcelona, Rome,and Malta. I have been to Barcelona and Rome but Malta was a new destination and I was excited to visit this beautiful Mediterranean island.
Schedule a stress-free Mexican night with help from the trusty slow cooker
- 1 medium size head fresh cauliflower, cut into florets (or 1 lb bag of frozen cauliflower) cooked.
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, cut into very small pieces (or use bacon bits)
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook cauliflower (boil or microwave)
- In a blender or food processor, chop the cooked cauliflower for a few seconds until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sour cream, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cauliflower.
- Place in medium baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Before serving add a dollop of sour cream if desired and sprinkle the remaining green onions and tomato on top.
Packing for a week or more for a vacation in Europe using only a carry-on can be done!
We will be flying Ryanair once we get to Spain and they have very strict (and small) luggage requirements. You can have one free carry-on that is no larger than 21.6 x 15.74 x 7.87 inches including wheels and handles so think child size suitcase.
Sometimes, when you travel, you only have a short period of time to be in one place. The last time I was in Barcelona, I only had one day to explore. This means I never slowed down but I did get to see a lot considering the amount of time I was there.
I will be leaving next week for another trip to Europe and will have 24 hours to spend in Barcelona. There are some of the places I think you should see if you have time…make a list, map it out, and GO!
This Friday’s Farmhouse comes from LOVE GROWS WILD. You can tell by the photos below that she has an amazingly beautiful farmhouse. You will find tons of great decorating ideas on her blog and be sure to check out her current post with great fall decorating ideas for your home.
I just ran across this 3 ingredient homemade dish tablets that I just had to share. This is one of the best recipes I have seen and can’t wait to give it a try. If you want to grab the recipe, you can get it HERE at Moms 4 Real.