BANANA PUDDING CUPCAKES

imagesCAY5DAVY

Impress your friends by making some of these gourmet banana pudding cupcakes. Don’t tell them it starts out with a cake mix. They will think you spent hours in the kitchen!

For more great recipes like this, check out my sisters web site: Fabulous You.

For cupcakes:

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup water
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ small box banana pudding

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into lined cupcake tins and bake 18-20 minutes or until done. Cool Completely before frosting.

For frosting:

1 cup vegetable shortening
½ box banana pudding
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons banana flavoring
4 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup milk

Mix the pudding with the milk or water.  This keeps the frosting from having that “gritty” taste.

Place the shortening, vanilla and banana flavorings, and the pudding-milk mixture with an electric mixer on low speed. Gradually add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.  The frosting should be light and fluffy.

Decorate with crushed or whole vanilla wafers.

This recipes featured at:

artsy-fartsy mamaMakeitPrettyMonday

This recipe shared at the great web sites :

Alderberry Hill, Ask Anna, Bacon Time with Hungry Hypo,Be Different Act Normal,Bear Rabbit Bear, Beyer Beware, Blessed with Grace, Bowlfull of Lemons, Brassy Apple, Chef in Training, Couponing and CookingCrafty Confessions,Crazy for Crust, Crumbs and Chaos, Crystal & Co, Cupcakes and Crinoline, The Dedicated House, Everyday Mom Meals,DIY Home Sweet Home,  Fireflies and Jellybeans, Flamingo Toes, Flour Me with Love, Fresh Eggs Daily, The Frugal Girls, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Gingersnap Crafts, A Glimpse Inside, Him & Her, Homemaker on a Dime,Homestead Revival,  Hope Studios, Homework,  I Heart Naptime, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, It’s a Keeper, Jam Hands, Jennifer Cooks, Junk in their Trunk,  Katherines Keeping it Simple,  Katies French Language Cafe, Lady Behind the Curtain, Ladybug Bessings,  Lil Luna, A Little Nosh, Little Knick Knack, Make Ahead Marviously Messy, Meals for Busy Moms, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Mom on Timeout, Momnivore Dilema, Mrs. Fox’s Sweets, Mrs. Happy Homemaker, My Favorite Finds, My Romantic Home, My Simple Home Life, My Uncommon slice of Suburbia,

Nap Time Creations, Nifty Thrifty Things, Not Just a Housewife, Oopsey Daisy, Petit hermine, Polkadots on Parade,  Raising Homemakers, Rattlebridge Farm, Real Housewives of Riverton, Reasons to Skip Housework, Rhinestone Beagle, Sarah Dawn Designs,  Sew Much Ado,  The Shabby Nest, The Shady Porch, Shine Your Light, Skip to my Lou, Someday Crafts, Something Swanky, A Southern Fairy Tale, The Stuff of Success, Sugar and DotsSugar Bee Crafts, Sumos Sweet Stuff,Sweet as Sugar Cookies, Tatertots and Jello, Thirty Handmade Days, The Trendy Treehouse,  A Turtle’s Life for Me, While he was napping, The Whinthrop Chronicles, Yesterday on Tuesday, You Are Talking Too Much, Young and Crafty

23 Responses to BANANA PUDDING CUPCAKES

1. Krista says:

Oh yum! I love anything banana! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

2. Yum!! These sound delicious! Can’t wait to try them out, thanks for sharing your recipe!

I featured your cupcakes on my blog today, come on over and check it out: http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2012/09/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-51.html

3. Anything that starts with a cake mix is awesome! Beautiful picture, by the way…

4. This sounds really good and fairly simple. i don’t even bother with the long and involved recipes. It has to be quick and this sounds like it is. The hubster loves banana cake. Thanks for the tip. Linda

5. Emily Dicks says:

What a beautiful picture, i love banana pudding! stopping by from lil luna

6. Oh these look so good! I must try them, thank you for sharing.

Have a good day, Nancy

7. This looks amazing! New fan here. I hope I can persuade you to come share on my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/09/farm-girl-friday-blog-fest-2.html

8. Jennifer says:

Oh my word…yummy! Banana pudding is my favorite dessert. I cant wait to try this!

9. Oh my Go……I´m getting hungry 🙂

F
    F

it is FUN 🙂
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

10. Maria says:

Mmm these cupcakes sound delicious!!!! I love banana pudding, what a great idea to make cupcakes with this flavor!!!! Looks beautiful, too!

11. Katie says:

I have 5 kids under 12 and they are going to go CRAZY over these! found you via the fresh eggs daily link up! I would just love you to link these up to our new recipe link up! http://www.katieslanguagecafe.com/2012/10/french-cuisine-friday-recipe-link-up-2.html

12. Jenn says:

Can I just say – yummy!

13. Thank you for sharing this yumminess at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Sorry It’s taken me a while to get here and say thank you xo

14. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your beautiful cupcake has been chosen to be on Today’s Feature Post from Cast Party Wednesday! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us! ~Sheryl~ http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/todays-feature-post-cast-party-61-6/

15. Jerri Rivers says:

Your cupcakes sound delicious! I’ve pinned this so I can try it later!

16. Randi says:

Yum!! Looks delicious!

17. I love banana pudding! Fantastic picture. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

18. Wanted to let you know that you will be one of the features at the party which opens at 8am CST on Monday. So, pop on by and pick up a feature button. Can’t wait to see what you bring to the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

19. These look lovely. Can’t wait to try them. I have pinned.

Anne xx