ST PATRICK’S DAY MINT MILKSHAKE
I have been seeing all of these amazing Freakshakes on Pinterest and decided I wanted to try making these amazing looking milkshakes. For my first attempt, I decided to make this chocolate-mint shake since Saint Patrick’s Day is just around the corner.
I topped it with green & white candies, Andes mint chocolates, and these lovely powdered donuts. I also sprinkled everything generously with green sugar and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Of course, I had to add a considerate amount of whipped cream.
The saying “A kid in a candy store” perfectly describes me as I searched the candy aisles looking for green candy for this shake. I have to admit, it was a lot of fun.
You really don’t need a recipe for milkshakes. I always just guess at the amounts, adding more or less milk as needed.
I usually add around 4 cups of ice cream to 2 cups of milk. Again, it’s a thickness preference so make it the way you like it.
For these Over-the-top Shakes
- Select the glass for you milkshake. Use one that has a large enough base to hold all of the extra toppings you are going to add.
- Use almond bark, frosting, or some type of melted chocolate to hold your candies to the outside edge of the glass.
- Place your candy into the frosting or almond bark. If the candy keeps falling off, place it in the refrigerator/or freezer for a couple of minutes to slightly harden.
- Take your chocolate and drizzle inside of your glass. Place everything into the freezer while you make the milkshake.
- Pour your milkshake into the cold, prepared glass and top with whipped topping, candy, cookies, cake,donuts, etc.
- Start enjoying your monster milkshake.
Impress your friends by serving milkshakes in these glasses for you next party. Make up several glasses ahead of time and keep them in the freezer.